ADABAS Roundtable Discussion
Natural Conference May 25, 2004
By Dieter W. Storr
Last update: 1 June 2004
The following topics were discussed.
- Does ADA742 still read LFP sequentially or does it now use a hash algorithm?
Jim Poole and Dave Tipler (Adabas development): Yes, ADA742 still uses sequential
"searching." Jim Poole did several tests with the format pool.
- Why do users see an increase of CPU consumption with ADA74 compared to ADA71?
Dave Tipler (Adabas development): ADA74 fixed a rare problem with
incorrect blocks when heavy updates occur. The additional check leads to
an increase in CPU time.
- Does EXCPVR of ADA74 still use page fixed below the line?
SAG response: Yes, ADA74 still uses page fixed below the line.
This will be changed with version 8.
- When will Adabas change the FCB to 2 bytes?
SAG response: Version 8 will increase the FCB to 2 bytes.
- Do the users have to increase the number of CQE when they are running Fast Copy,
for example Flashcopy, SnapShot, or EMC TimeFinder?
Discussion result and SAG: NC = NU
See also Fast Copies of Adabas Data
- What Zaps are necessary for ADA742?
SAG response: See ServLine24, important Zap AN742166, format overwrites
- Why do some RC commands take longer to complete compared to other RC commands (ADA713)?
Discussion result and SAG: No idea
- ADABAS and the Workload Manager (WLM)
Discussion result, Jim Poole, and SAG:
Rule of thumb: TP monitor = response time goal, Adabas = SYSSTC
See also ServLine24 or read SAG's description on
Adabas and the Workload Manager (WLM)
- When will ASF and Review be merged?
SAG response: Not yet planned.
- SAG tips:
- Please read your Manuals and Release Notes before
upgrading your system.
- ADA742 has new AOS options, those are not yet part of the Utilities
Manual. They are only described in the Release Notes.